- Laknavaram lake is one of the engineering marvels of the Kakatiya kings which was built at an excellent geographical location.
- Laknavaram lake is situated about 6 km from Govindaraopet mandal and 80 kms from Warangal, 155 kms from Hyderabad (via NH163), Telangana.
- The historic Laknavaram lake is Spread over an area of 10,000 acres.
- A 160-metre-long hanging bridge is a special attraction.
- The Haritha hotel with eight-room accommodation and upcoming cottages on islands are an added attraction here.
- The lake was first discovered by ancient Kakatiya rulers.
Laknavaram Lake is a lake located in Govindaraopet Mandal, about 80km from Warangal, Telangana.
Govindaraopet Mandal, Jayashankar Bhupalpally district, Telangana State, India.
- Laknavaram situated in the dense forests of Warangal district is home to a lake view resort which has excellent amenities. Revellers frequent this place during weekends and especially during peak monsoon season, the water body attracts tourists in large numbers.
- Kakatiya rulers spotted this excellent place amidst trees and green hills lined up around to hold the rainwater.
- Laknavaram lake is one of the engineering marvels of the Kakatiya kings which was built at an excellent geographical location. The entire tank is spread on a saucer-like land with hills and forest surrounding it. The seven-km meandering road with thick forest on either side from high to Bussapur abutting the lake offers great joy to the visitors.
- The Kakatiya rulers only built a small sluice gate turning the place into a spacious lake which now feeds thousands of acres of agricultural land every year.
- The lake, that holds about 2.135 tmcft of water, irrigates over 3,500 acres in six villages surrounding it. The sluice arranged by the Kakatiya kings is amid thick jungle at a narrow gap between natural hills is another spot worth seeing here.
- Laknavaram lake is a very popular tourist spot in Warangal that has been of late drawing huge crowds, thanks to the Tourism Department.
- This picturesque place is soul-soothing offering great solitude and merry to young and old alike.
- With the Tourism Department opening a restaurant, introducing boating facility on a lake, hordes of tourists are coming here from far and near with average visitors of 1,000 per day and nearly double on Saturday and Sundays.
How To Reach Laknavaram Lake:
- Tourists coming from Warangal direction has to take the NH 202 road towards Mulugu. After crossing mulugu, drive 8 km to the right direction into the thick forest to reach this place.
The green hills of Govindaraopet agency mandal lie side by side to form a massive bowl like structure which holds the spacious, beautiful and pristine lake popular known as ‘Laknavaram Cheruvu(Lake)’.
Hotels in Laknavaram:
Hotels in Laknavaram.
Amazing View Of The Laknavaram Lake at Night.